DEA has been present in Norway for more than 40 years, and the company has strong ambitions for further growth on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Daily production is over 60 000 boe (2016), and the company has a solid and promising license portfolio with assets in all phases.
The company is currently developing the Dvalin field in the Norwegian Sea, with production drilling starting in 2019 and planned production start in 2020. This is DEA’s first operated field development in Norway and it is a first step in becoming a full scale operator in Norway.
DEA Norge is a subsidiary of DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG which is an international operator in the field of exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas based in Hamburg. DEA has 118 years of experience working along the whole upstream value-chain as operator or project partner. With 1,245 employees DEA has shares in production facilities and concessions in, among others, Germany, Norway, Denmark, Egypt and Algeria.
We need more team players to join us in our exciting growth
The Drilling and Well Completion Manager will be responsible for developing the unit in order to deliver future production/injection wells for field development projects. This position will plan, direct and control operational activities in DEA Norge AS such as delivery of drilling operations, well design, well planning, procedure implementation and work-overs in multidisciplinary projects.
Tasks and scope of work
- Plan and execute any operation according to established HSE goals. Ensure suitable project teams are in place, provide updated estimated for execution of well, as well as provide cost estimates for subsurface part of development projects, track and report on budget and plan for well services activities
- Supervise operational drilling and rig based intervention execution. Supervise well services contractors, and ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with company and industry standards. The Manager is also responsible for final well report before handover to production and will manage tendering processes for rig intakes and drilling services
- Approve drilling part of investment proposal and well services on yearly asset plans
- Ensure that MC chairman is properly informed and involved
- Coordinate procurement and logistic activities related to drilling operations
- Ensure that the Emergency Preparedness organization is in place and properly trained (in cooperation with HSE)
Educational background and work experience:
- University degree in relevant petroleum or drilling engineering, geological or geophysical discipline
- 15 years + relevant experience, including at least 5 years from a managerial/supervisory role in drilling operations on the NCS
- Sound experience from project management and supervision of exploration and production drilling activities, detailed knowledge of NCS deep-water drilling and subsea activities
- Relevant offshore experience with 5-10 years as a drilling supervisor or company representative
- Insight in the Norwegian rig market and strong network in the Norwegian drilling industry
- International experience would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of Norwegian petroleum industry legislation
Personal qualifications and skills:
- Strong team player with ability to coordinate and direct activities of others in a multi-disciplined environment
- Motivational self-starter
- Curious and enthusiastic with excellent teamwork capabilities
- Flexible, honest and trustworthy
- Capable of working under own supervision, often to tight and challenging deadlines
- Possess a strong desire to move the business forward
- Excellent command in spoken and written English
Kari Solheim Larsen +47 957 21 414