Aker BP is a fully-fledged E&P company with exploration, development and production activities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). Aker BP was offered interests in 21 new production licenses (licenses), including 13 new operatorships, at the Awards in pre-defined areas (APA) 2016. We are a significant operator on the Norwegian continental shelf with licenses in the North Sea, the Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea.
The company is operator of the fields Ula, Tambar, Valhall, Hod, Skarv Alvheim and Ivar Aasen. Total net production in 2016 was around 118,200 barrels of oil equivalents per day.
Today we have around 1400 employees distributed at the head office at Fornebu outside Oslo and branch offices in Stavanger, Trondheim, Sandnessjøen and Harstad.
Our vision is: Creating the leading independent offshore E&P company.
The Drilling & Wells vision is “To be the best and most attractive wells team in the world” and we hope that you want to join our team. We have a growth agenda and are currently operating 4 rigs and working on 4 PDO’s with plans to operate 5 rigs in 2018 and 6 rigs in 2019. We have an active exploration program including a planned Barents Sea campaign in 2018 operated out of Trondheim in addition to ongoing development drilling on Valhall and Alvheim and P&A activity on Valhall DP operated out of Stavanger. You will have the opportunity to work on all areas from exploration, field developments, development drilling to P&A.
The objective of the role: Perform drilling engineering technical work in close collaboration with exploration, projects, contractors and Drilling Superintendent. The available Drilling Engineering / Senior Drilling Engineering positions in Trondheim are supporting exploration drilling including a Barents Sea campaign in 2018.
The position reports to Drilling Engineering Manager Exploration and is located in Trondheim
- Concept Select report
- Basis of Design documents for directional drilling, casing, cementing, drilling fluids, tubing stress/tubing design etc.
- Develop and manage Risk Register
- Seek and implement lessons from suppliers, other operators and within Aker BP
- Ensure continuous improvement during planning and operations.
- Perform tasks in accordance with the management system and assigned roles in Apos.
- Drilling Programs
- AFE budget
- Draft Rig Action Plan
- Discuss, document and communicate decisions, dispensations & plan changes.
- Support ongoing operations, onshore and offshore.
- Participate in relevant morning calls and RAP meetings.
- Participate in drilling engineering duty work, onshore and offshore, if/when applicable
Final well report
- Minimum BSc degree or similar in engineering sciences
- Up to 7 years of relevant experience in drilling and well planning/operations
- Sound technical understanding of development and exploration drilling
- Good communication skills across disciplines and with Contractors.
- Maritime / Offshore subjects
- Education title: Bachelor in Petroleum Engineer
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Good interpersonal and team player skills
- Good communicator, proactively seeking advice from others and share own experiences with group
- Good knowledge of the English and the Norwegian language
- A great opportunity to be a contributer in our effort to be the leading independent E&P company.
- Dynamic working environment.
- Centrally located location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Øystein EideVP D&W Engineering (+47) 93482490 email@example.com
Stian KjøglumDrilling Engineering Manager(+47) 46919965