Aker BP is a fully-fledged E&P company with exploration, development and production activities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). Aker BP was offered interests in 21 new production licenses (licenses), including 13 new operatorships, at the Awards in pre-defined areas (APA) 2016. We are a significant operator on the Norwegian continental shelf with licenses in the North Sea, the Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea.
The company is operator of the fields Ula, Tambar, Valhall, Hod, Skarv Alvheim and Ivar Aasen. Total net production in 2016 was around 118,200 barrels of oil equivalents per day.
Today we have around 1400 employees distributed at the head office at Fornebu outside Oslo and branch offices in Stavanger, Trondheim, Sandnessjøen and Harstad.
Our vision is: Creating the leading independent offshore E&P company.
The Drilling & Wells vision is “To be the best and most attractive wells team in the world” and we hope that you want to join our team. We have a growth agenda and are currently operating 4 rigs and working on 4 PDO’s with plans to operate 5 rigs in 2018 and 6 rigs in 2019. We have an active exploration program including a planned Barents Sea campaign in 2018 operated out of Trondheim in addition to ongoing development drilling on Valhall and Alvheim and P&A activity on Valhall DP operated out of Stavanger. You will have the opportunity to work on all areas from exploration, field developments, development drilling to P&A
The Drilling Supervisor’s primary role is to ensure safe, efficient and compliant execution of the drilling and completions operations in line with the Drilling Operations Program (DOP), key documents for Aker BP and Government Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure safe, efficient and compliant execution of the drilling and completions operations.
- Member of the OIM’s emergency preparedness team.
For platform rigs only
- Area Authority in the drilling areas .
- Holds the operational responsibility for lifting operations.
- He/she is the overall technical responsible person for drilling related lifting equipment (pipe handling equipment) and 1st line offshore crane maintenance.
- Co-ordinate his/her work with the other team leaders off shore (OIM, OTL-D, OTL-V, etc.) to ensure that the D&W Scope of Work can be executed safely and efficient.
- Provide clear visible leadership for the offshore team.
- Management of the offshore daily drilling and completions operations,
- Communication of progress, risks and opportunities to the IP Drilling Superintendent and the onshore team.
- Ensure that a detailed Rig Action Plan is rolled out prior to each part of the operation.
- Ensure that risk identification and mitigation is given high priority in all plans and that the relevant Risk Assessments are documented.
- Official reporting (Daily Drilling Report, morning calls, lessons learned).
- Ensure that the “Lean” concept is a leading principle for the plans and operations.
- Identify deviations to programs / policies / standards and bring these to the attention of the onshore organisation.
- Ensure that the technical integrity of equipment is maintained with special focus on Safety Critical Equipment.
- Conduct regular maintenance meetings with the Drilling Contractor’s key personnel.
- Manage the Drilling Contractor and key Service providers, ensuring compliance against directives, procedures and efficient delivery against the plan.
- Ensure that all equipment and personnel are on site when required.
- Supervise critical integrity and barrier tests, review, recommend the result if the test is within criteria.
HSEThe position will demonstrate commitment to the Aker BP HSE Directives when carrying out his / her duties
- The Drilling Supervisor is a member of the rig drilling team. Functionally / administratively the position reports to the Drilling Superintendent. On platform rigs, while offshore, the position reports to the OIM.
- The workplace is offshore on a 2-4 schedule, but it is expected that the DSV’s will come in to the office and prepare prior to going offshore as part of the regular rotation.
- The Day Drilling Supervisor is the main responsible and focal point for communication with the onshore team. He is also responsible for supervision and delegation of duties to the Night Drilling Supervisor.
- Minimum B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering (or equivalent).
- Alternatively: a minimum of 10 years rig site leadership experience
Minimum 10 years’ experience in Wells operations.
- Well-developed HSE understanding.
- Sound technical understanding of development and exploration drilling/well completion, Field Operation and some understanding of geology, subsea and commercial topics.
- Good communication skills across disciplines and with Contractors.
- Valid IWCF or IADC certificate, Supervisory level 4.11
- Physical Education Studies
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication.
- Good communicator, proactively seeking advice from others and share own experiences with group
- Good knowledge of the English and the Norwegian language
- Open and transparent communication
- A great opportunity to be a contributer in our effort to be the leading independent E&P company.
- Dynamic working environment.
- Centrally located location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Eamon Condon VP D&W Operations(+47) 48169270
Ref. nr.: 3480669042
Number of positions: 2