DEA has been present in Norway for more than 40 years, and the company has strong ambitions for further growth on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Daily production is over 60 000 boe (2016), and the company has a solid and promising license portfolio with assets in all phases.
The company is currently developing the Dvalin field in the Norwegian Sea, with production drilling starting in 2019 and planned production start in 2020. This is DEA’s first operated field development in Norway and it is a first step in becoming a full scale operator in Norway.
DEA Norge is a subsidiary of DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG which is an international operator in the field of exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas based in Hamburg. DEA has 118 years of experience working along the whole upstream value-chain as operator or project partner. With 1,245 employees DEA has shares in production facilities and concessions in, among others, Germany, Norway, Denmark, Egypt and Algeria.
Senior Drilling Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Drilling Engineer to provide engineering input and technical support in preparation and execution of the drilling and completion operations. Senior Drilling Engineer will act as Well Site Drilling Engineer during special operations.
Tasks and scope of work:
- Responsible for detailed well design and relevant applications to authorities
- Perform time and cost estimates for operated wells and contribute with verifications of partner operated well proposals
- Research offset well data and suppliers information for the selection of the most suitable tools, methods and procedures
- Assist in examination of the drilling rig’s capability and limitations to determine the feasibility of implementation
- Assist in compilation of a drilling program and other drilling regulatory documents
- Prepare for ad contribute to critically assessments and risk analysis
- Liase with Drilling Superintendent and Well Test Engineer in compatibility of the drilling program,, well design and production testing program
- Review tasks in line with requirements to compliance with Company CMS and industry regulations
- Monitor operations and report in operational and technical performance. Provide technical support and troubleshooting during operations
- Assist the Drilling Superintendent with logistics activities, engineering activities, follow up operations, collect relevant lessons learned and prepare experience reports
Educational background and work experience:
- Mechanical or petroleum engineering degree
- 3-5 years experience as a drilling engineer, preferably from a semi-sub or drillship activities
- Experience from offshore drilling activities
- Good understanding of HSE rules and expectations on NCS
- Familiar with CMS requirements and NPD Acts, Rules and Regulations in the petroleum industry
- Competence within NORSOK rules and regulations
- Good proficiency, written and verbal, in both Norwegian and English, and good communication and presentation skills
- Health Certificate and regulatory courses will be required
Personal qualifications and skills:
- Motivational self-starter
- Curious and enthusiastic with excellent teamwork capabilities
- Flexible, honest and trustworthy
- Capable of working under own supervision, often to tight and challenging deadlines
Kort om stillingen
Søk på stillingen