NECON is an engineering and consulting company that supply engineering and specialist expertise to IT, energy, oil and gas, the construction industry and other oneshore industries.
Our vision is to solve the difficult tasks for our customers. We shall have the best engineers within our industries and focuses on competence development of our employees.
For our client within Oil & Gas we are seeking an experienced Technical Safety Engineer to support studies and modifications as well as various operations
- Perform Technical Safety Engineering tasks in order to ensure that good technical solutions regarding technical safety are considered during design in new projects, in modifications of existing installations and in support to the operation of the installation.
- Assist TOP operation teams regarding technical safety issues and in risk assessments.
- Keep updated on relevant rules, regulations and standards within the disciplines responsibilities and for relevant sector(s).
- Ensure that all activities, for which he/she is responsible, are carried out in conformance with laws and regulations, contractual requirements and Teekay Offshore Management System Manual, procedures, philosophies and specifications.
- Ensure that major hazards are properly assessed, evaluated and managed in accordance with relevant statutory and corporate requirements.
- The Discipline has a coordinating role related to Safety Case, Acknowledgment of Compliance, Performance standards and Risk Assessments/HAZIDS.
- Follow up technical safety issues, with specific focus on safety and prevention of accidents.
- Develop and maintain philosophies, procedures, specifications and documents and drawings within technical safety field of responsibility.
- Perform Technical Safety inspections onboard our FPSOs as required.
- Participate as necessary in technical investigations and audits within area of responsibility
- Coordinate and communicate issues related to technical safety with own and other departments and support functions within TOP.
- Contribute to experience transfer within the company.
- Actively take part in improvement of engineering department’s work procedures in order to optimize work processes.
- Participate in discipline checks on modifications and new revisions of relevant drawings and operations manuals.
- Participate in execution of studies, tenders, modifications and projects.
- Follow up safety studies as required.
- Contribute and assist with development, maintenance and review of operational procedures, manuals, systems and processes
- Assist actively the Operations within issues related to technical safety
- Technical education on bachelor level or higher
- Min. 5 years relevant experience as Senior Engineer
- Language skills: English and Norwegian - fluent written and oral
We evaluate applications continuously, the latest deadline is 21.1.2018
- Competitive conditions
- One employer – many contractors – gives you wide experience from different environments and projects
- Exciting assignments with small and big players in the IT, energy, oil and gas, construction and other onshore industries
- 24 hour accident insurance and good health insurance
- Professional development through NECON expertise funds and courses evenings
- Personal follow-up of department managers who also are engineers with extensive industry experience
We live by our values; NECON shall be a generous, engaging and innovative employer. The value goal of NECON is to contribute positively to each other's success