Aker BP is a fully-fledged E&P company with exploration, development and production activities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). Aker BP was offered interests in 21 new production licenses (licenses), including 13 new operatorships, at the Awards in pre-defined areas (APA) 2016. We are a significant operator on the Norwegian continental shelf with licenses in the North Sea, the Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea.
The company is operator of the fields Ula, Tambar, Valhall, Hod, Skarv, Alvheim and Ivar Aasen. Total net production in 2016 was around 118,200 barrels of oil equivalents per day.
Today we have around 1400 employees distributed at the head office at Fornebu outside Oslo and branch offices in Stavanger, Trondheim, Sandnessjøen and Harstad.
Our vision is: Creating the leading independent offshore E&P company.
The Subsea Operations team ensure safe, efficient and reliable production from Aker BP subsea facilities. The Subsea Pipeline & Risers Lead Engineer is responsible for a number of key aspects in achieving this goal. The lead engineering role will be combined with Technical Authority position, providing technical leadership across Aker BP operations and projects portfolio.
- Company Technical Authority for pipeline & risers, verifying both project deliverables and operational equipment fitness for service
- Ownership of Aker BP pipeline and riser specifications, including evaluation of any deviation requests against specification
- Lead the pipeline & risers technical community of practice within Aker BP
- Identification and management of risks related to pipeline design and operation, ensuring predictive rather than reactive management
- Manage process analysis and condition monitoring to proactively identify threats to equipment or process integrity
- Pro-actively identify themes from individual issues/incidents or developing trends. Ensure learnings are acted upon and managed systematically
- Evaluate, understand and communicate barrier and equipment health
- Lead formal technical assessment of equipment health
- Ensure that pipeline related governing documentation is in place and kept up to date
- Identify and implement new technology and digitalisation opportunities
- Participate in relevant industry networks and technical communities, and ensure learning transfer where this creates value for Aker BP
- Ensure compliance to Norwegian legislation and Aker BP standards & processes related to EHS
- 10+ years engineering experience within pipelines discipline
- Strong understanding of both Norwegian sector and international regulations and standards
- College / University, Master’s degree
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
Deadline for application: 31/07/2017
Number of positions: 1
Job location: Jåttåvågen 10, 4020 Stavanger
Subsea Manager – Operations