Ross Offshore AS is a leading provider of Consultancy, Engineering and Project
Management services for the upstream Oil & Gas Industry. Through our established
framework agreements we offer our consultants contract security and access to some
of the largest oil companies in Norway. We specialize in the supply of senior-level
personnel with proven experience, the latest technical skills and in-depth knowledge
within their fields. We hire the best talent in the industry.
Application date: 18.07.18
Start date: 01.09.18
Language requirements: Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Provides day-to-day on-site supervision of rig-based well activities.
- Interact with day super visor, drilling contractor and third party contractors to ensure operations are performed
in accordance with operational requirements, guidelines and programs, and in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Keep platform manager (OIM) and day drilling supervisor informed about issues relating to HSE, work
management, simultaneous operations and significant technical well abnormalities.
- Coordinates resources of offshore execution team.
- Ensuring that operations comply with Customer Management System.
- Be responsible for health and safety procedures being continuously enforced, and making capable decisions in
emergency situations to prevent well catastrophes or significant financial losses.
- Ensure that rig and platform systems and third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained.
- Ensure that drilling and completion procedures and programs are followed as planned and conducted in a safe
and efficient manner.
- Ensure changes to programmes are risk assessed and risks mitigated (ALARP) and communicated to the
- Organize and order the necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling and completion operations.
- Ensure accurate and adequate reports and records are kept regarding operations, equipment, and performance
evaluation. Report daily activity in reporting software OpenWells.
- Ensure potential pollution control problems are considered, and the contingency plans are understood by
- Ensure that drills relating to well control are held on a regular basis.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment/materials/supplies to ensure a smooth ongoing operation.
- Capture operational lessons learned for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensures that the handover process between the offshore execution team members is effective.
- Participate in the onshore planning process when necessary
- BSc Technical Graduate
- IWCF well control certificate
- Valid offshore survival certificate
- Valid Norwegian health certificate
- Minimum 10 years experience within the oil & gas business, 4 years as drilling supervisor
- Good knowledge of regulations and relevant standards
- Experience with contract management
- Creative, open, responsible and entrepreneurial
- Team oriented
- Very good communicating skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Good commercial understanding
Kort om stillingen
Søk på stillingen