Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and recruiting services within engineering and project management and control. The company has offices located in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger, Tønsberg, Aukra, Kristiansund og Molde in Norway and in Teesside, UK.
Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within Oil&Gas, Civil, Energy, Shipbuilding and land-based industry. www.techconsult.no
Project Contracts Manager O 18409
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Project Contracts Manager.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide general leadership and supervision to Project contracting team members, giving input to appraisals, career development and training
- In cooperation with the Supply Chain Contract Manager, plan, organize, allocate, direct and control the Project contracting team
- Manage and oversee the execution of Project contracting activities (pre- and post-award) conducted by the team, including but not limited to sourcing, tendering, evaluation, award, management and claims and close out
- Develop and implement Project contracting plans
- Implementing Project specific Client Contract requirements and ensure flow downs into Tenders , Contracts and Project contracting plan
- Perform compliant contracting activities for assigned Prospects, FEEDs and Projects in accordance with the contracting practices and standards published in the Company Management System and the established Project contracting plans
- Perform Project contracting duties including key responsibility for negotiations, trouble shooting and act as escalation point for issues between the Project contract team members and various stake holders and contractors / subcontractors.
- Ensure that all Project required contractors and subcontractors are prequalified according to the relevant procedures
- Provide regular status and progress reporting to clients, projects and management
- Actively provide input to the relevant Category Managers as required
- In cooperation with the Sourcing Analyst drive and build up business intelligence for the relevant markets, cost drivers, contractors and sub-contractors
- Ensure involvement of Legal, Insurance, Finance, HSEQ and other departments in the contracting activities where required.
- Actively contribute to development and implementation of “Best Practice” contracting practices, standards, procedures and forms to meet the objectives of the Project and Company
- In all matters seek to maximize value and minimize risk.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Ideally 10 years of relevant experience, primarily in the area of contracting
- Substantial experience within the technical, contractual and commercial issues related to design and engineering of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading vessels
- International experience in offshore oil and gas industry is an advantage
- Team player with a strung ability to lead
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
- Analytical with good attention to details
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work and lead in a multicultural and multi-location set-up
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Good understanding and knowledge of the technical, contractual and commercial issues related to design and engineering and construction of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading vessels
- Experience with IFS, and ProArc is an advantage
The application deadline for this position is ASAP. We will consider applicants consecutively.
The position may require travel and long working hours in peak periods
Duration: 6 months, with possibility for extension
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult puts great emphasis on being close to its employees and being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning the position, please contact me, Marianne Koppang, by email: email@example.com
Kort om stillingen
Søk på stillingen